Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jeremy

He's a month old now and It's hard to believe we've gone this long without making a post. I don't even know where to start, it's gone by so quickly. Alas, I know I shouldn't ramble off about an entire month in just ONE blog post so I'll go from the beginning and try to retro-write (is that even a word?) in chunks.

It was Saturday morning on the 17th of July and I was ready to go for my morning run with Drew... Normally he sleeps in a little but he actually sounded like he woke up (more or less) on time that morning. Literally minutes before I was ready to walk out the door, Melissa says, "Can you not go running today?" And that's when it started. No run that morning :)

Contractions all morning, yadda, yadda, yadda... When they got roughly five minutes apart, we left for Good Sam, our hospital. Wouldn't you know... TRAFFIC. For reals?! On a Saturday afternoon? Of course we got there fine. Good thing we knew the area (sorta) better than the folks trying to get to Santa Cruz. Overall, it happened much more quickly than with Cathleya. When we got there, I believe the statement used was, "done before dinner." And we were!

In summary...
Arrival 1:30pm
Broke her water around 4? It didn't break on its own with Cathleya either.
Pushing lasted maybe 30-45 minutes.

And he was out by dinner time.

Jeremy Aurelio Francisco
7/17/10
5:15 pm
6 lb 8 oz
19 inches


IMG_8308

To be continued...

No comments: